Regulations of the VI Young Horn Player Academy
- Festival VI Young Horn Player Academy (hereinafter referred to as AMW 2023) will be held in the Complex of State Music Schools im. W. Kilar in Katowice (POSM II st. im. K. Szymanowski, ul. Ułańska 7b) and the Academy of Music K. Szymanowski in Katowice on March 24-26, 2023.
- The organizers of AMW 2023 are:
- Center for Artistic Education
- Web portal waltornia.pl
- Complex of State Music Schools im. W. Kilar in Katowice
- Department of Brass Instruments, Academy of Music K. Szymanowski in Katowice
- The organizers envisage two parts of the event:
- 24 and 25 March 2023 (Friday and Saturday) – Young Horn Player Competition (POSM II st. K.Szymanowski, ul. Ulanska 7b)
- March 26, 2023 (Sunday) – concert part – soloists, ensembles, Horn Choir (AM im. K.Szymanowski in Katowice, ul. Zacisze 3)
- During AMW 2023, a series of lectures, seminars and workshops will also take place.
- The rules of the Young Horn Competition, which will take place as part of AMW 2023, are set out in separate regulations.
- The festival is intended for children and young people learning to play the French horn in music schools and other institutions not covered by the artistic education system (cultural centers, brass bands, music centers, individual learning).
- The organizers invite soloists to participate in the competition, and in the concert part soloists and horn chamber ensembles (duets, trios, quartets, etc.). At the end, a performance of the Horn Choir composed of all participants of the festival is planned.
Participation in the Horn Choir is obligatory.
- A solo or chamber ensemble performance is not a condition for participation in the concert part – it is possible to participate only in the Horn Choir.
- A solo performance does not exclude possible participation in a chamber ensemble.
- Programme of non-competitive performances:
– free repertoire – the duration may not exceed 8 minutes.
- In justified cases, the organizers reserve the right to shorten the programs.
- Each participant will receive a diploma of participation.
- Registration for the festival is made by sending a completed electronic form available on the website https://amw.waltornia.pl by February 24, 2023.
- Participants will perform in the order determined by the organizers.
- A detailed schedule of the event and a list of participants will be posted on the https://amw.waltornia.pl website by March 12, 2023.
- Each participant is obliged to arrive under the supervision of an adult.
- The organizers do NOT cover the costs of travel, accommodation and meals for participants, teachers, their own accompanists and tutors.
- All presentations are open to the public, possibly also in the form of a video available on YouTube and the https://amw.waltornia.pl
- Participants transfer their proprietary copyrights related to AMW 2023 to the organizers free of charge m.in for archiving and promotional purposes, in particular:
- performing competition and concert works,
- performing works at the laureates’ concert,
- the use of one’s own image.
- Protection of personal data of participants:
- personal data will be processed in order to organize, conduct and promote the AMW 2023 festival and its future editions,
- providing data is voluntary, but necessary to participate in the Festival,
- personal data provided in the application form will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/79 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation GDPR). Legal basis art. Article 6 (1) 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the administrator of the provided data will be the organizational manager of the AMW 2023 festival (e-mail contact firstname.lastname@example.org),
- The data will be stored for a period of 2 years from the date of their provision. The data of the winners and the winners will be processed for accounting and tax purposes for a period of 6 years. The e-mail address will be stored for a period of 10 years in order to inform about future editions of the festival. The data will also be deleted if we receive such a request from the participant.
- The participant’s personal data may be transferred to the following entities:
- personal data in the form of name and surname, telephone number, e-mail address, school name, name and surname of the pedagogue, name and surname of the accompanist will be transferred to the Secretary of the Competition for purposes related to the organization of the competition and its course,
- personal data in the form of name and surname, telephone number, will be transferred to the accompanists on duty in order to contact, determine the rehearsal schedule, verify the competition program, etc.,
- personal data in the form of name, surname, telephone number and e-mail address may be transferred to sponsors or patrons who decide to award prizes or distinctions as part of the competition,
- image and biographical data will be used for archiving and marketing purposes of the Organizer, with particular emphasis on promotional materials, through any medium, including electronic version on the Internet, social media and in printed form,
- Access to the data may have a person operating and servicing the competition website.
- by providing personal data, the participant has the right to inspect this data and the possibility of editing it, limit its processing, delete it and the right to object to the supervisory authority (PUODO),
- personal data will not be used to make decisions in an automated manner, taking into account profiling,
- In the application form, it is necessary to accept (mark) all consents marked with the so-called asterisk for data processing.
- The regulations and the application form can be found on the https://amw.waltornia.pl website.
This text has been machine translated.
If any inaccuracies arise between the original polish text of these Regulations and its english translation, the correct interpretation always applies to the polish version.